Handling Siebel Base Tables with no user keys during EIM
Some base tables like Note tables do not have user keys. Since user keys play a vital role in migration of data using EIM, the EIM behavior is significantly different in case of Base Tables without user keys.
For such tables, although IMPORT and EXPORT processes work, but Merge process does not work. The DELETE process, when using DELETE MATCHES and DELETE ALL ROWS parameters, works fine, but does not work with DELETE EXACT parameter. This is because the EIM process cannot identify the rows to delete, in the absence of user keys.
However, Siebel 7.5.x versions have made deletion of data from Notes tables, using a special EIM, EIM_NOTE_DEL. The EIM_NOTE_DEL interface table should only be used to delete notes from the S_NOTE_* tables. To use it, users need to populate ROW_IDs of records to be deleted into corresponding columns in the interface table and then use DELETE EXACT to delete them.
For further details, please refer the Other Issues Relevant to Notes Migration section of the NotesDataMigrationGuide
Readers who viewed this page, also viewed:
- Siebel Enterprise Integration Manager - EIM Most frequently asked Interview Questions – Part 3 (100.0%)
- How to Troubleshoot Database Errors Caused by Deleting Repositories using Siebel Tools (75.0%)
- What to expect from Open UI for Siebel CRM (75.0%)
- Siebel EIM Delete Process Parameter Reference (75.0%)
- Siebel Multi Lingual Changes – Considerations (75.0%)
- Siebel Repository tables (75.0%)
- Installing Patch in Siebel 8 - Client using Opatch Utility (75.0%)
- How to use Denormalized Columns (75.0%)
- How to convert .FDR file to readable excel format or .CSV format (50.0%)
- Oracle's Siebel CRM is in the Leaders Quadrant and Oracle Fusion Sales in the Visionaries Quadrant of Gartner 2012 report (50.0%)