Configuring Actuate Siebel Reports Server – Post Installation Tasks
Following Tasks should be performed after installing the Siebel Reports Server which consists of Actuate iServer, Actuate Active Portal JSP and Actuate HTTP Service.
Verify Installation of Actuate iServer and Management Console:
Check the actuate HTTP Service and Actaute Process Management Daemon services are running:
Open browser and access the actuate mangement console login page: http://localhost:8900/acadmin/login.jsp
Using Default User Name Administrator, click Log In. Successful login denotes the successful installation of actuate server.
Post installation Tasks for the Siebel Reports Server:
Define the external host and symbolic URLs using HTTP:
• Open the Siebel application.
• Navigate to Administration – Integration > WI Symbolic URL List.
• From the visibility filter, select Host Administration.
• Query for records where Virtual Name is rshost.
• In the Name field, enter the name of the Actuate Active Portal JSP machine and the Actuate Active Portal JSP port number to use (for example, server1:8700).
• Save the record.
NOTE: Do not change the value in the Virtual Name field. 8700 is the default port for the Actuate HTTP Server for HTTP.
Enabling the Siebel Reports Server with the Siebel Web Client:
To configure the Reports Server parameters for the Application Object Manager
• Navigate to Administration – Server Configuration > Servers.
• In the top list applet, select the Siebel Server that you want to configure.
• In the middle applet, click the Components tab.
• Choose the relevant Application Object Manager.
• In the bottom applet, click the Parameters tab.
• Change the following parameters:
Actuate Server Enable Flag = True
Actuate Server Report Server Host = Valid formats for this parameter are:
• IPAddress:PortNumber/EncyclopediaVolume (example: 22.214.171.124:8000/volume1)
• ReportsServerHost:PortNumber/EncyclopediaVolume (example: server1:8000/volume1)
Actuate Server Connect String = Connect string for a Siebel Server:
• siebel.TCPIP = Networking protocol
• none.none = The encryption type and compression type
• SiebelServerHost = Name of the host on which the Siebel Server is installed
• SCBPort = Listening port number for the SCBroker component (2321 by default)
• EnterpriseServerName = Name of your Siebel Enterprise Server
• ApplicationObjMgr_language = Type of Object Manager and Language Pack for the Siebel
application you are installing, for example:
PManagerObjMgr_fra for Siebel Partner Manager Object Manager for French
Synchronizing Siebel Users to the Reports Server:
To synchronize Siebel users to the Reports Server
Log in to the Siebel application as the Reports Administrator.
Navigate to Reports Server > User Administration.
NOTE: The recommendation is to synchronize users in smaller groups, particularly when a large number of users is synchronized.
With the first user highlighted, click Synchronize One.
The Siebel Users window appears:
Type the Reports Administrator user name and password.
A confirmation message, stating that the user was successfully added to the Reports Server, appears in the Siebel Users window.
For the remaining users, click Synchronize All.
Migrating/Deploying the Custom reports on the report Server:
• Login to Actuate Encyclopedia volume to upload the ROX files to the report server
User Name: Administrator
Click on Add File to add the Custom ROX files to the report server.
Next click browse to locate the file:
Click open and upload the ROX file. Select the roles to give access to the reports: Select all and set the following rights to access.
Click OK to close.
Siebel Reports Server is enabled for the siebel web client. Now you can test it by opening any of the actuate reports from the reports button.