Microstrategy Interview Questions - part 12
Submitted by dtadmin on Fri, 06/01/2012 - 17:18
- Why do businesses need to send information out to users proactively?
- People do not have time to search through information to identify information that requires immediate action. An intelligent alerting system understands and constantly monitors the information users need, and delivers information only when users need it. Users save time and take action when required.
- How do current Microstrategy Narrowcast Server customers use Intelligent Alerting?
- Customers use Microstrategy Narrowcast Server to deliver inventory alerts, business performance alerts, supply chain alerts, customer activity alerts, stock and personal finance alerts, last minute travel alerts, data load alerts, customer account activity alerts, and fraud alerts. New uses are constantly being developed for intelligent alerting.
- How do users receive only information that they want?
- Through an easy-to-use subscription web page, users specify what information they want. Some personalization options include the language choices and specific information criteria such as certain products. Using this user profile, Microstrategy Narrowcast Server sends only the information that the user has requested.
- Can users turn off the information delivery?
- Yes, users can switch on and off their own information delivery. Administrators can also set up some ‘non-optional’ information delivery so that everyone receives the information. As a result, users can obtain information without having to wait for IT to develop the reports.
- What kinds of information can users receive?
- Users can receive both tables and charts from the Microstrategy platform, and content from current information sources such as transaction processing systems, Enterprise Resource Planning systems, databases, XML files, and web servers.
- What formatting can be applied to the information that is sent out by Microstrategy Narrowcast Server?
- Information can be formatted into HTML, plain text, Microsoft® Excel, or PDF files. The size and display of these files are adjusted to suit the email type or the wireless device for different users.
- To which devices can Microstrategy Narrowcast Server deliver information?
- Narrowcast Server can deliver information to email, mobile phones, pagers, faxes, PDAs, intranet and extranet web portals. Businesses can also build and plug in their own Information Transmission Module to support their own devices.
- How does the Microstrategy Narrowcast Server support enterprise wide mission critical applications?
- Microstrategy Narrowcast Server's world-class clustering and fail-over ensures support for mission-critical 24x7 systems. Rigorous in-house testing has proven that Narrowcast Server can personalize and deliver millions of messages a day. The system tracks fail-over down to each message.
Readers who viewed this page, also viewed:
- Microstrategy Interview Questions - part 8 (54.5%)
- Microstrategy Interview Questions - part 11 (45.5%)
- Microstrategy Interview Questions - part 9 (45.5%)
- Microstrategy Interview Questions - part 5 (45.5%)
- Microstrategy Interview Questions - part 4 (45.5%)
- Microstrategy Interview Questions - part 3 (45.5%)
- XML Tools And Utilities (45.5%)
- Microstrategy Interview Questions - part 13 (36.4%)
- Microstrategy Interview Questions - part 10 (36.4%)
- Microstrategy Interview Questions - part 6 (36.4%)