How to Synchronize Siebel Batch components from srvrmgr command line utility
Most of the Siebel administrators use Siebel Server Manager command line utility or tool, commonly referred as srvrmgr.
Ever wondered how to synchronize the batch components after creating the Siebel components.
1. Synchronize batch components from the command line
After a fresh install of a Siebel database and after creating or modifying batch component definitions, administrators must ensure that the data residing in the siebns.dat file (managed by the Siebel Gateway Name Server) is synchronized with data in the S_SRM_ACTION and S_SRM_ACT_PARAM tables in the Siebel database. This is typically accomplished by clicking the Synchronize button in the Synchronize view of the Administration - Server Configuration screen in the Siebel Web Client.
For administrators who want to automate the task using a script, you can issue the following command at the srvrmgr prompt:
As a prerequisite you have to set the environment variable SIEBEL_DEBUG_FLAGS to a value of 16 (ideally as part of the script). Otherwise srvrmgr will just say "Synchronize is not available...".
to set the SIEBEL_DEBUG_FLAGS, open the command prompt and type..
Readers who viewed this page, also viewed:
- Siebel Server Component Event Logging (100.0%)
- How to collect analytical information about the usage of Siebel Views (83.3%)
- OBIEE Interview Questions and Answers FAQ (66.7%)
- How can I tune my EIM batches to improve performance? (66.7%)
- Siebel Multi Lingual Changes – Considerations (66.7%)
- Configuring Actuate Siebel Reports Server – Post Installation Tasks (66.7%)
- Server Sizing for Siebel Analytics - OBIEE (66.7%)
- Installing Patch in Siebel 8 - Client using Opatch Utility (66.7%)
- Deploying Siebel Enterprise Configuration Data Using the Cfgmerge Utility (66.7%)
- Siebel Application Response Measurement (SARM) (66.7%)