What to expect from Open UI for Siebel CRM
Year 2012 is promising to bring some exiting changes to Siebel CRM, Cross browser compatibility has been a major usability concern for Siebel CRM. With Siebel high interactivity frame work build using the ancient ActiveX format has been a road block to unleash the potential of the Siebel rich functionality.
Oracles new promise to introduce the Open UI to address the browser compatibility, 2011 has been a year for tablets with Android devices with 27% market share and iPad gaining 68% of tablet market share and Apple becoming the biggest pc manufacture. When we look at the Browser shares IE is loosing the ground faster then ever.
Every one is looking to achieve more with less clicks and taps. Siebel has been little behind in adopting the emerging user’s interactivity changes lately. Open UI for Siebel is intended to address this very concern, Open UI transforms Siebel CRM into a truly Open platform prebuilt to work across browsers and mobile devices, with out any loss of business logic or functionality.
Oracle is promising the open UI will work on Laptops, iPhone, Ipad, Android and other mobile devices. When it comes to iPhone and Black Berry devices the application with be connected applications which are extensible. One change strikes on iPad with disconnected client allowing the users of use Siebel CRM even with no internet access; it’s like the Siebel CRM desktop client.
CRM desktop appears to stay same from user experience angle, except the browser compatibility.
Native Application for Mobile devices:
With native device support for iPhone, Android and black berry devices is going to be a major breakthrough for Siebel CRM applications. The proximity search of CRM data is another impressive change. With rich interactive presentations integrated with Siebel CRM optimized for mobile devices call planning and call execution will be much faster and enjoyable to field sales force with integrated GPS and telephony.
Migration to Siebel Open UI:
Readers who viewed this page, also viewed:
- CRM Siebel Application on iPad and iPhone (55.0%)
- Oracle to build Siebel iPhone App (45.0%)
- D&B Announces Availability of D&B360TM for Siebel CRM (40.0%)
- An In-Depth Look at Oracle Fusion Applications (40.0%)
- Oracle's Siebel CRM is in the Leaders Quadrant and Oracle Fusion Sales in the Visionaries Quadrant of Gartner 2012 report (35.0%)
- Pre-Deploying ActiveX Controls for Secure Environments (35.0%)
- Monitoring Siebel CRM application using RUEI Oracle Real User Experience Insight. (30.0%)
- Siebel Multi Lingual Changes – Considerations (30.0%)
- Uninstalling the Siebel 8 patch from local client and tools (30.0%)
- Server Sizing for Siebel Analytics - OBIEE (30.0%)