A Business Analyst is a person who acts as a liaison between business people who have a business problem and technology people who know how to create automated solutions.
BA Role Overview
Gather > Understand > Analyze customer business requirements and develop
- Process flows
- Data flows
- Business requirements documentation.
Conduct impact analysis and document customer business processes.
- Provide expert consultation on complex business processes, and provide creative solutions to ambiguous business problems.
- For a customer implementation, develop detailed customer requirements and gap analysis with respect to product capabilities.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the design phase of the project, in cooperation with engineering.
- Lead the test plan development process by working with the test team to develop a test strategy, test cases, scenarios, and specifications that assess whether the system satisfies all of the customer requirements.
- Drive the technical resolution of issues arising from changes to scope, requirements, design, etc.
- Work with Product Management to define and prioritize features and functions of product roadmap - ensure alignment between customer requirements and product roadmap.
- Actively participate in project review meetings. Identify potential schedule or project problems and p rovide solutions that alleviate the proble! ms.
- Participate in post project reviews with fellow team members. Provide input on performance of project resources as requested.
- Assist Sales in the preparation of RFI/RFP responses, and perform technical and functional presentations to prospective customers
- Participate in the development, review, and adherence to project and department standards for quality, proficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in the development and delivery of specific training materials required for the customer implementation