Real time Siebel EIM (Enterprise Integration Manager) Interview Questions – Part 4
Siebel EIM Interview Questions and Answers - Part 4.
We have collected the Siebel real time interview questions related to EIM ( enterprise integration manager) , these are asked in real interviews in most of the companies. All the best for your job interview!
1.After importing data using EIM, why isn’t the data visible in some views or applets?
Some values that needed to be imported for a particular view or applet to display imported data may not have been imported. In order to determine what values need to be imported for a particular view or applet, do a client-side spooling and check the SQL conditions when selecting the record. For example, the Sales Order Line Items applet's product picklist will only display products with S_PROD_INT.SALES_SRVC_FLG value set to N.
2.Why does an EIM process fail with following error message: Error 405: Too many batch numbers in range?
Too many batches are set for the EIM process. The maximum number of batches you can run in an EIM process is 1,000.
3.Why does an EIM import process fail with the following error message: Error 413: Column S_XXX.XXX table not in process?
This error message may be generated when you have specified one or more interface tables using the TABLE parameter in the .ifb configuration file, but failed to specify user key columns and required columns from all related base tables when using the ONLY BASE COLUMNS parameter.
4. Why does an EIM process fail with the following error message: Error 999: Rownum range [XXX] too large?
The batch that you are trying to process contains too many rows. Typically, you should not exceed 100,000 rows in a single batch.
5. Why does an EIM export process fail with the following error message:Error 999: Doubly indirect joins for XXX too complex to export ?
EIM does not support doubly indirect joins. This error will be generated if you try to run an EIM export process to the following interface tables:
6.Why does EIM hang when updating the S_LST_OF_VAL base table?
If you are running Siebel applications on an IBM DB2 database, this problem is due to a data issue. The BU_ID column in the S_LST_OF_VAL base table may have only one or very few distinct values. That makes the DB2 optimizer perform a table scan through all rows in the S_LST_OF_VAL table when most or all rows have the same BU_ID column value.
To avoid this problem and speed up the query, you should modify the statistics data by running the following SQL statements:
update sysibm.sysindexes set firstkeycard=1000 where name='S_LST_OF_VAL_M2';
update sysibm.syscolumns set colcard = 1000 where tbname='S_LST_OF_VAL' and name='BU_ID';
NOTE: Depending on the data with which you are working, you may need to run
other SQL statements beforehand.
7. Why does EIM produce wrong data when updating tables in Oracle?
When there are 255 or more NVL functions in an update statement, Oracle will update the wrong data due to hash keys overflow. This is an Oracle-specific issue. To avoid this problem, use less than 255 NVL functions in the update statement.
Readers who viewed this page, also viewed:
- How to Troubleshoot Database Errors Caused by Deleting Repositories using Siebel Tools (53.3%)
- Tracing Siebel server task with SQL Trace and TKPROF in Oracle (53.3%)
- Siebel session hints (53.3%)
- How are index hints used in an EIM process (46.7%)
- How can I tune my EIM batches to improve performance? (46.7%)
- EIM Data Loading : Oracle function - Bulk Collect (46.7%)
- Siebel Server Component Event Logging (46.7%)
- Determining the Siebel User id using the Oracle process id to find who is running the longrunning SQLs (40.0%)
- Handling EIM Failures after Siebel Upgrade (40.0%)
- Siebel Enterprise Integration Manager - EIM Most frequently asked Interview Questions – Part 3 (40.0%)