Making a View "Read Only" based on a criteria: Aspect User Property
Submitted by dtadmin on Sun, 09/11/2011 - 21:11
Whenever Quote Status is set to "Actual" or "Turndown" for instance, the View should become read-only (Both Parent and Child applets). This criteria is evaluated using a Calculated field as it has several other conditions apart from Quote Status. The Applet is referred in multiple Views, but the "Read Only" functionality was intended to work only in certain Views.
Step 1: Create a Calculated Field (Specify your criteria) in the Parent BC of the Target View
Step 2: Add the following BC User Prop
Name: Aspect BC ReadOnly: <IDENTIFIER 1>
Value: Calculated Field Name (Created in Step 1)
Name: Aspect Child BC ReadOnly: <IDENTIFIER 2>
Value: Calculated Field Name (Same as created in Step 1 or Any other Calculated field which drives the Child Applet in the Target View)
Step 3: Add the following User Prop at Applet Level
Parent Applet User Prop
Name: "View Aspect: <View Name>"
Value: <IDENTIFIER 1>
Child Applet User Prop
Name:"View Aspect: <View Name>"
Value: <IDENTIFIER 2>
Note: The aspect user properties are restricted to business component classes based on CSSBCBase. This property provides a dynamic way to use the CSSBCBase class. When a particular aspect has been set from the applet level or CSSBCBase’s default, CSSBCBase changes its behavior based on the aspect-related setting described in the user property.
Readers who viewed this page, also viewed:
- Identify drilldown list columns for Validations : SWEField (50.0%)
- Connect AND GeoAccess to Siebel (50.0%)
- Siebel EAI Interview Questions (50.0%)
- JMS Configurations (50.0%)
- How Do You Pass or Receive a Property Set to or from a Custom Business Service? (25.0%)
- Basic Troubleshooting Steps for EAI JMS Transport (25.0%)
- How to Populate User Keys and Required Columns using Siebel EIM (25.0%)
- EAI Interview Questions and Answers - Test 1 (25.0%)
- Siebel Analytics Web Services (25.0%)
- Siebel Integration Objects and Data Mapping step by step guide (25.0%)