How to Troubleshoot Database Errors Caused by Deleting Repositories using Siebel Tools
The only supported way in which you can delete a repository is by way of deleting the appropriate ‘Repository’ record within the Siebel Tools application. By doing this it will perform a cascade delete on all the child objects associated to the Repository object.
To delete a Siebel Repository:
- Click the Repository object type in the Object Explorer.
- In the Object List Editor, click anywhere in the row for the repository you want to delete. Set the Inactive to True. Save it.
- Choose Edit > Delete Record.
- Click outside the record to commit the Delete action.
However, sometimes Database or Oracle errors when trying to delete repositories from Siebel tools. Deleting a repository takes a long time and requires system resources such as rollback segment, cursors, tablespace, and so on.
Following are few common database error:
- ORA-1650: unable to extend rollback segment
- ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded
- An error has occurred while deleting the record. Please try to delete again.
- An error has occurred writing to a record. Please continue or ask your systems administrator to check your application configuration if the problem persists
we are exploring the errors specific to Oracle database (not SQLServer, DB2, AIX etc)
To troubleshoot these type of errors:
1. Make sure you run the deletion when there are less or no users in the system.
2. "OPEN_CURSORS" is set in the initialization file. Increase the value of 'OPEN_CURSORS' in the oracle initialization file as per Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools > Guidelines for Configuring the RDBMS > Configuring Oracle for Siebel Applications. If you set this value lower, Oracle may return an error to the application that prevents you from continuing (because of error > ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded)
3. Make sure you create a large rollback segment or at least to set 'AUTOEXTEND' to 'ON'. The DBA might well be the best person to predict the size of the rollback segment required.
Siebel Tools does not make use of any specific rollback segment. It cannot be explictly specified. It is recommended to switch off smaller rollback segments for duration of the task if they are not properly sized. The most common error occurs when the extent sizes are too small in the rollback segment and it cannot be extended any further.
4. Check the four critical ODBC settings which need to be set to the following values:
PacketSize = 0
EnableScrollableCursors = 0
ColumnsAsChar = 1
ColumnSizeAsCharacter = 1
5. ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate string bytes (string,string). This error is caused when Operating system process private memory has been exhausted. Please check with your DBA or operating system administrator to increase process memory quota. There may be a bug in the application that causes excessive allocations of process memory space.
Readers who viewed this page, also viewed:
- Tracing Siebel server task with SQL Trace and TKPROF in Oracle (57.9%)
- EIM Data Loading : Oracle function - Bulk Collect (52.6%)
- How are index hints used in an EIM process (47.4%)
- Siebel session hints (47.4%)
- EIM Tuning - Reference (42.1%)
- Handling Performance issues during CheckIn / CheckOut Process (36.8%)
- Siebel Database Layout Guidelines (36.8%)
- Handling EIM Failures after Siebel Upgrade (36.8%)
- EIM EXPORT / DELETE functionality for S_PARTY siebel base tables (36.8%)
- Real time Siebel EIM (Enterprise Integration Manager) Interview Questions – Part 4 (36.8%)