Actuate e.Report Designer File types
Actuate has 5 types of files namely,
basic source (.bas) files
design (.rod) files
executable (.rox) files
library (.rol) files
report document (.roi) files
Basic Source (.bas) Files
Basic source files contain Actuate Basic code associated with a specific report design. You can store source files in the Encyclopedia as backups or to share with other developers. You can open and edit a source file only on the desktop environment. You do not need access to source files to run, view, or print reports. You compile basic source files to create a program or define functions that Expression Builder can use. Your Config folder contains the following basic source files:
1.FrontEndFunctions.bas – functions for request pages
2.Functions.bas – functions for .act reports
Use e.Report Designer Professional to create basic source files.
Design (.rod) Files
Design files contain components that specify the format and content of a finished report. You can store design files in the Encyclopedia as backups or to share with other developers. You can open and edit a design file only on a desktop machine. You do not need access to design files to run, view, or print reports. Use e.Report Designer or e.Report Designer Professional to create report designs.
Executable (.rox) Files
Executable files generate report documents with current data when you run them. You compile design (.rod) files to generate executable (.rox) files. Use e.Report Designer Professional or e.Report Designer to create report executable files.
Library (.rol) Files
Library files contain reusable report components. Library files are typically included with different report design files. You can store library files in the Encyclopedia as backups or to share with other developers. You can open and edit a source file only on the desktop environment. You do not need access to source files to run, review,
or print reports.
Report Document (.roi) Files
Report document files are the finished reports you view through Internet Explorer. Executable (.rox) files produce (.roi) files. You can view Actuate reports on the Web in DHTML format.
Readers who viewed this page, also viewed:
- Configuring Actuate Siebel Reports Server – Post Installation Tasks (87.5%)
- Uploading multiple Actuate ROX files to Actuate server (87.5%)
- An In-Depth Look at Oracle Fusion Applications (50.0%)
- SQL Server Integration Services (50.0%)
- Development Tools used in Open UI development (37.5%)
- Microstrategy Interview Questions - part 13 (37.5%)
- Firewall Considerations when Siebel is behind a firewall (37.5%)
- How Do Trackable URLs 'Click on URL' in Siebel 8.1.x Work and How are They Structured? (37.5%)
- Monitoring Siebel CRM application using RUEI Oracle Real User Experience Insight. (37.5%)
- OBIEE Interview Questions and Answers FAQ (37.5%)